For Better Experience And More Fetures Download
Learn Finite App From
Google Play Store
India becomes the 13th nation to issue OIML certificates
- India has become the Internationally Accepted OIML (International Organization of Legal Metrology) Certificates Issuing Authority.
- Indiais the 13th country in the world that can issue the OIML approval certificates.
INDIA AND THE OIML
- It is an Intergovernmental organization established in 1955.
- The International Organization of Legal Metrology is an intergovernmental treaty organization which:
- Develops model regulations, standards and related documents for use by legal metrology authorities and industry.
- Provides mutual recognition systems which reduce trade barriers and costs in a global market.
- Promotes and facilitates the exchange of knowledge and competencies within the legal metrology community worldwide,
- Cooperates with other metrology bodies to raise awareness of the contribution that a sound legal metrology infrastructure can make to a modern economy.
- It is Headquartered at Paris, France.
- It is international standard-setting body in the sense of the World Trade Organization's Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Agreement.
- Members - It has 63 Member States and 64 Corresponding Members. India became the member in 1956.
- To sell a weight or measure in the International market an OIML Pattern Approval certificate is mandatory.
- India has now become authority for issuing OIML certificate for selling weights & measures anywhere in the world and Department of Consumer Affairs can issue the certificate now.
- India now joins as a 13th country to issue OIML approval certificates.
- Other countries - Australia, Switzerland, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, France, United Kingdom, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, and Slovakia, can also issue this certificate.
- The OIML-Certificate System is a system for issuing, registering and using OIML certificates, and their associated OIML type evaluation/test reports.
Source- The Hindu